We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Quarto Group, Inc of 6 Blundell Street, London N7 9BH.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Michael Clarke, Director of Group Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information, if any, provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
__utma, __umtz, __utmb and __umtc
These Google Analytics cookies store the number of visits each user makes to our website, the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit. They also check how fast people leave. They track when a visit starts, and when it approximately ends. They also record whether a user came from a search engine, a link, or from no previous page. All of these cookies are browser–specific, and not linked to an individual or identifiable person.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or to provide you with information on related products or services which we feel may interest you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data (where you have consented to such use by third parties), to provide you with information about related goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on certain parts of our website on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help third parties reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Quarto Group, Inc or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Any questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding these terms and/or our website should be addressed to:
The Quarto Group Inc.
The Old Brewery
6 Blundell Street
+4420 7700 6700